As health care in the United States continues to evolve, the industry demands new leaders who understand its specific challenges with an equal understanding of health care practice and the business operations of a health system. The UTRGV Master of Science in Health Sciences in Health Care Administration will prepare you to confidently guide health systems through enormous complexity and constant change. The program, a collaboration between the College of Business and the College of Health Sciences, is designed for experienced working professionals who wish to transition to leadership roles within health care management, administration and operations.
This degree makes you uniquely qualified to:
- Communicate effectively with all members of interprofessional collaboration teams to the best possible outcomes for both the patient and the health system
- Use evidence-based practice to improve hospital and health system procedures and processes
- Analyze, influence and impact health care policy
- Develop and monitor budgets
- Manage resources and people