Deepen your knowledge of advanced social work practice with individuals, families and groups, including the therapeutic process, empowerment and strength perspectives, and clinical strategies for change.
Learn to apply evidence-based family therapy practice models for working with populations-at-risk, as well as critique family practice models with respect to their efficacy for work with Latinos.
In this program, you will:
- Learn to develop treatment plans, establish therapeutic relationships, and apply intervention strategies
- Understand how challenges such as discrimination and oppression limit the opportunities of minority, at risk, and disenfranchised groups; develop strategies for intervention and change.
- Gain real-world experience applying intervention strategies with a 500-hour practicum in a field setting of your choice.
Potential job opportunities include:
- family/children’s social services agency
- working in mental health programs
- working in health services organizations
- working in substance abuse treatment centers