Principal Credential Program
An applicant who meets the following criteria is eligible for clear admission to this program:
- Has submitted all required documents.
- Has been awarded a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
Graduate School Required Documents
Official college transcripts are to be sent to the Graduate Studies office directly from all the institutions attended. If the applicant attended UTRGV at any time, those official transcripts will be handled by the Graduate Studies office; however, the applicant is responsible for requesting official transcripts to be sent directly from all other institution(s).
Important: Please request that your official transcripts be mailed directly to the address listed below. It is important that you include the office name and room number to ensure proper delivery.The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
Marialice Shary Shivers Bldg. 1.158
1201 W. University Drive
Edinburg, Texas 78539
Admission to the Program
- $50 domestic application fee
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.0. If an applicant does not meet the 3.0 GPA, the applicant may write a letter of appeal to seek conditional admission. The appeal will be reviewed by the Admission Appeal Committee. Decisions regarding conditional admission will be made on a case-by-case basis depending on the extenuating circumstances pertaining to the appeal. Each student admitted on a conditional basis will need to meet the conditions set forth by the Admission Appeal Committee in order to continue in the program.
- Teacher service record with a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV)
- Personal statement